Re: Q: Shutdown Oracle 7.1 on Open VMS

From: David A. Owens <daveo_at_criticaldata.com>
Date: 1998/03/09

On VMS you can use (edit for your paths and SID names):

$ @DB_DSK1:[DB_RTH]orauser_RTH
$ @ora_rdbms:rdbmsuser.com
$ sqldba lmode=y

  spool ora_instance:shutdown_RTH.log
  set echo on
  connect internal
  shutdown immediate;
  exit;
$!Now shutdown listener
$ lsnrctrl stop
$ exit

The first two commands setup your logical names. The shutdown immediate closes any user sessions and rolls back any uncommitted transactions. If you used ORACLEINS to setup your DBs, then you can just edit the shutdown sql script and add the immediate option.