Re: Specifying parameter file automatically

From: PD Miller <news_watcher_at_caribdata.no_spam.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/08

In article <19980222143901.JAA16926_at_ladder02.news.aol.com>, mmorley1_at_aol.com (MMorley1) wrote:

> I have multiple instances on an NT server. Is there a way to default the Pfile
> to the proper one when starting a particular instance? Or am I stuck using the
> PFILE= parameter everytime I startup? Can you set up a batch file to do
> startup? It seems like I've seen this done.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mike Morley
> michael.morley_at_protectorplan.com

Oracle on NT defaults to using a 'pfile' in %ORACLE_HOME/database/ called 'initSID.ora' where SID is replaced by the System Identifier name. If such a file exists it will be used. If not and a file called 'init.ora' exists in the same location, it will be used. On UNIX the default location is $ORACLE_HOME/dbs. Received on Sun Mar 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CST