Re: Backup Script... HELP Needed

From: PD Miller <news_watcher_at_caribdata.no_spam.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/08

to shutdown for cold backup try this script:

----------CUT HERE----------------

#!/usr/bin/sh
svrmgrl << EOF
connect internal
shutdown immediate
EOF
----------CUT HERE----------------

Server Manager will exit at the end of the script, as it is meant to. Do not pay too much attention to the exit code if calling this script from another one.

In article <34F44D32.1334_at_nu-pharm.com>, David Parry <dparry_at_nu-pharm.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have created a script that will automatically start up Server Manager and
> Connect Internal through Unix. The Problem is after I have started the script
> it will exit SVRMGRL on its own. I have been testing it with commands such as
> DESC DICT, and SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM USER_TABLES, and it works fine but it
> exits from SVRMGRL after the commands are executed. Is the script supposed to
> exit me out of SVRMGRL automatically and is this an appropriate script to
> Shutdown a Database to perform a COLD backup at a scheduled time.
>
> Example of the script connect.auto
>
> SVRMGRL <<!
> connect internal

anyone has any comments on this, or uses a different method of scheduled