Re: Help Needed

From: Jhansi Rani <p_jhansi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/02/27

Hi,

Well, Do read some Forms 4.5 books ( Not reference Manuals)as what you require is the basic functionality of forms.

Create a table based block in the form. Start the form in query mode.
When the user enter the task_no, put a button ok and ask them to press it or in any post triggers write "execute_query"

       or
When you create a block with button palette box checked then "Query" button appears automatically with other Navigation buttons.

Query will be executed and will fetch data from the table if it is already present and then will enter into insert/update mode.

For insert/ update controls use combination of forms, blocks and item triggers depending upon your requirement.

When I started with Developer 2000 I did all the exercise in " Developer/2000" book by SAMS PUBLICATION. I do not remember the name of the book correctly.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Jhansi Received on Fri Feb 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CST