Rollback Segs

From: Paul Bennett <bennett_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: 1998/02/18

I am having trouble understanding how rollback segments work in oracle. How do i determin how many to create and what paramaters to use when I do create them? How do I prevent getting rollback errors (can't create extent) and so forth? I have about 600 megs worth of data and if I try to expand a column or something I get rollback segment errors.