Re: Need help creating my first Oracle database

From: joel.thrasher <joel.thrasher_at_MCI2000.com>
Date: 1998/02/18

Becky,

First, take a deep breath.

How many times did you try to create the database? Typically when the message "database already mounted" appears it means things did not get cleared out from the previous try. Like did you "shutdown abort" the previous creation try? Did you check to make sure no files were created?

The TNS error is normal. Basically, what it was telling you was there was no way to get to the instance. That is because the database was not in the "OPEN" mode, meaning it is accessible to users.

Try everything again, from a clean slate. Make sure not to have any control files or database files.

Hope this helps. If you need more help, e-mail me or post again.

Joel Received on Wed Feb 18 1998 - 00:00:00 CST