Re: star_transformation_enabled in oracle 8

From: Kenneth E. Murphy <kenneth_at_oseda.missouri.edu>
Date: 1998/02/15

Hello,

I haven't gotten to play around with Oracle 8's star querys yet, but in Oracle 7.3.3 you have to have defined an index on the fact table such that it contains every column in the key for the fact table (all the dimension table's foreign keys) as a single index.

This may still be true for Oracle 8.

Best of luck :)

--
Kenneth E. Murphy