Re: ORA-07337: smsmat: shmat error, unable to attach sga.

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/02/10

>Subject: ORA-07337: smsmat: shmat error, unable to attach sga.
>From: mike_at_pps.ca (mike_at_pps.ca)
>Date: 2/9/98 7:48PM GMT
>
>Our Oracle Enterprise Server 7.3.2 suddenly stop working and we are unable to
>
>restart the database. The following error message is recieved:
>
>ORA-07337: smsmat: shmat error, unable to attach sga.
>DEC OSF/1 (AXP) Error: 12: Not enough space
>Additional information: 2
>

>Does anyone have a solution to our problem.The database runs on a Dec Alpha
>1000 running DU 3.2c
>
>Thanks
>
>Please send any solutions to mike_at_pps.ca

My initial thoughts are that either
a) The filesystem that you have installed ORACLE in is 100% used, such that when the database starts the sgadef.. file cannot be created within the dbs directory, or
b) Somebody has been making kernel parameter changes.

It may be worth checking these out.
HTH
  Rob Received on Tue Feb 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CST