Re: Anyone knows about oradebug in svrmgrl

From: Mike Quist <mike.quist_at_supersolution.com>
Date: 1998/02/09

S S Wan wrote:

> Does anyone have documents on it?

SS,
Here's what LITTLE I know about it... Oradebug is an undocumented utility
that's been around since ???. It seem's it's purpose is to aid internal Oracle developers and technical support with a means to debug/diagnose
server problems. With it you can dynamically enable events, etc. For example,

This should dynamically enable SQL statement timing (event 10046) for a specific session (OSPID = ###). This provides a way to achieve the same

7.3 'alter session set timed_statistics = TRUE' functionality in a pre-7.3
database. Remember, this is UNDOCUMENTED so it's behavior can be unpredictable if not used correctly! Personally, I have never used it,
because I haven't seen a great need.
Mike Received on Mon Feb 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CST