Re: Oracle 7.3 & 8 on same NT host

From: Mark Landa <mlanda_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1998/02/08

No, multiple Oracle homes (directory structures) is not a supported on NT. You are right, you must install v.7 and v.8 under the same Oracle home. Being nervous about this can be expected. I would try it on a development machine first to see how it works out. I had a few problems (no show stoppers),
but I also had Developer 2k 1.x, 2.0/Designer 2k 1.3/Webserver 2.1/Enterprise
Mgr loaded in the same directory structure so I was probably asking for problems. Don't create a starter database, create your own and use a new SID for Oracle8. For example, dev7 (for 7.x) and dev8 for (8.x). And yes, you can run them both concurrently.

M.Landa