Re: ORA-01575: timeout waiting for space management resource

From: Kristiaan J. Kolk <akolk_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/02/08

Ok,

The most common reason for this is too many sorts. What you do is the following: 1) pctincrease = 0 for the tablespace that you use for sorting 2) initial and next extent should be the same size (and make it a decent size, not 10-100K, but larger).
3) You could try to increase the sort_area_size 4) increase sort_read_fac to the same value as db_file_multiblock_read_count (32 or 16
depending on your db_block_size)

These suggestions will improve overall performance on your system quite a bit and the 1575 should dissapear may be alltogether.

Anjo Kolk