ORA-01575: timeout waiting for space management resource

From: Catcox <catcox_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/02/06

For some periods during the day I get a lot of the following message.

ORA-01575: timeout waiting for space management resource

During this time performance is very bad.

The error manual says, "System timed out before it could acquire the necessary resouces to do space management." and simply suggests waiting and trying the same operation later.

Can somebody tell me what sort of space managment this refers too? I am not sure where to start looking for problems first.

The temporary tablespace is supposedly very fragmented and I have posted a separate question on this.

We are using Oracle7 Server Release 7.2.3.0.0 on HP UNIX.

Thank you very much,

Catherine Cox
catcox_at_aol.com Received on Fri Feb 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CST