Re: Clarifications on Listener - Unix

From: Bryan Lenihan <bryanle_at_lenisoft.com>
Date: 1998/02/05

I would highly recommend using the Network Manager! For the creation of the TNSNAMES.ORA and the LISTENER.ORA files. The spelling, spacing, and parenthesis can get tedious. If your shop is like my shop, you do not have time to work on problems that have programs to help you fix them.

Thanks,
Bryan Lenihan

Patrick wrote:

> Hello,
> I am somewhat new at this, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway. I
> noticed a couple of things about your listner.ora file and pointed them out
> below.
>
> tkrishna_at_baan.com wrote in message <886674220.224395268_at_dejanews.com>...
>
> <snipped>
>
> > My listener.ora file is as follows :
> >

> <snipped>
>

> >)
> >SID_LIST_LISTENER =
> >(SID_LIST =
> > (SID_DESC =
> > (SID_NAME =T2 )
> > (oralce_home=/usr5/app/oracle/product/7.3.2)
>
> ^^
> *** oracle is misspelled
>

> > )
> >)

 ^^^ Delete this and "(SID_LIST =" below.