Re: DEFAULT SCHEMA

From: Neil Chandler <tcnec_at_tchp2.tcamuk.stratus.com>
Date: 1998/02/04

In article <34D77042.2A5DF985_at_cc.gatech.edu>, Paul Bennett wrote:

If you do not want public synonyms, then why not private synonyms for each user, and ROLES for the schema's permissions.

The major problem with private synonyms is the maintenance of them.

Additionally, the SHARED_POOL entry for one user's SQL is not the same as the SHARED_POOL entry for another user's identical when using private synonyns.

Finally, everyone will not be able to see the table if you do not grant them any priv's on it, so PUBLIC synonyms would work then...

regs

Neil Chandler