DEFAULT SCHEMA

From: Paul Bennett <bennett_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: 1998/02/03

If I have a user called BOB and I want that user to be able to use JOE's tables without specifiying JOE.table_name, how can I do this?

I do not want to create public synonyms. I want to specify that the user BOB's defaut schema is JOE.

In sybase there can be multiple database, with all users in the database accessing the objects without having to specify a schema. That is what I want to do, but I don't want to create public synonyms, because then everyone in the database will be able to see the table.

How can I implement the sybase-esk behavior in Oracle.

Thanks.