Re: TEMP tablespace problem

From: Pat <smartinp_at_iconz.co.nz>
Date: 1998/01/30

Have seen this problem with an excel app using DAO.

DAO was causing large internal sorts to take place, which clobbered the temp segment.
All sorts of queries cause a sort e.g. select distinct, group by etc and DAO was making things worse.
Try and trace the SQL activity e.g. using odbc trace.

An option is to create a specific large temp segment for the user running the access query but best to solve the problem rather than the symptom.