Re: PL/SQL - Inconsistent results - Help

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/01/27

From: "Dennis Wetherell" <dwether_at_mail.arco.com> >> Ever since upgrading to 7.3.3 from 7.1.4, I have been experiencing random, unexplained failures of packages and procedures. << The code in question sometimes fails to return full result set when called from pl/sql but works when called from sqlplus without failure.

  1. As far as Oracle support goes, if your database can be started and will run, then your problem is not level 1, not matter how much trouble it causes you.
  2. Try tracing the problem until you get a trace where it failed and then call Oracle support back and ask for your tar to be set at level 2 if the analyst who takes your call can not provide a bug#. With a trace from a successful run and a trace from a failed run maybe Oracle support will be able to find something.

We have a lot of packaged code. So far we are running 7.3 only in test and have not spotted any problems, but test does not get hit like production so I can understand how serious a pain this can be.

Good Luck, and please post bug or cause when found.

Mark Powell -- Oracle 7 Certified DBA
- The only advice that counts is the advice that you follow so follow your own advice - Received on Tue Jan 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CST