Re: ORACLE USER TRACE FILE PERMISSION

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/01/27

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 21:16:53 -0800, azaman <azaman_at_ibm.net> wrote:

>Hi Everyone
>
>Please help me understand the following situation;
>
>Under unix, the user trace files are generated in
>$RDBMS/udump directory. Oracle recomends that
>this directory should have 660 permission which
>precludes any developers from viewing those files.
>
>The permission on the generated trace files also preclude
>developers ( usually not in DBA groyp ) from runing tkprof
>on thoses trace files.
>
>The question is that is this designed to be like this or
>the permission on these files have been modified to preclude
>the developers ?
>As a developer I would like to generate and develop my own
>trace file. How can I do that ?
>

>An e-mail would be greatly apprecialted
>

>Arif Zaman(azaman_at_ibm.net)

If you set

_trace_files_public=true

in your init.ora, trace files in udump will be world readable.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Tue Jan 27 1998 - 00:00:00 CST