Authentication(NT4-Oracle7.3.3)

From: miguel <jmiguel_at_cet.pt>
Date: 1998/01/26

Hi,
I have Oracle 7.3.3 server installed on Windows NT 4.0, and Oracle 7.3.3 client on Widows95 (with Enterprise Manager to perform remote database administration).I´d like help on some questions.

1.Do i need to start Intelligent Agent when i want to log on Enterprise Manager? (Local or remote access).Is it necessary to setup an environment variable named TEMP that points to a writable directory before running Oracle Enterprise Manager?

2.Which tablespace should be the Temporary tablespace to SYS username? Which tablespace should be the Default tablespace to SYSTEM username?

3.Which authentication method (Operating System authentication or Password Files) should i use to perform remote administration over SQL*NET( TCP protocol)?

4. I create an user identified externally (OPS$miguel),where "miguel" is an normal operating system account and i grant CREATE SESSION to him.Since REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORD=EXCLUSIVE and REMOTE_OS_AUTHENT=FALSE, i don´t understand why can i connect remotely( connect / @SID). Received on Mon Jan 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CST