Dropping tables

From: Roy Chang <roy_chang_at_mail.amsinc.com>
Date: 1998/01/22

I'm trying to drop a table from SQL*Plus and I can't seem to get it to drop. I have DBA privileges and have dropped many tables in the past. I run the following SQL command:

DROP TABLE table_name CASCADE CONSTRAINTS;

yet it just hangs there......I checked V$Locks and there are no locks on the table.

The table has three children on a DELETE CASCADE relationship. I've tried deleting all the data in the table, commiting and it still hangs. I've also tried dropping all the related tables and I get the same result.

I've tried going through Enterprise manager and disabling the constraints and then trying to drop it also.

any suggestions???

Thanks in advance.....

Roy. Received on Thu Jan 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CST