Re: Cache hits again

From: Dr. J. Wang <NO_SPAM.jizwang_at_cc.umanitoba.ca>
Date: 1998/01/17

In article <34BE48DE.4A2B_at_nowhere.ca>, tsbsps_at_nowhere.ca wrote:
>Hello all from the ice storm capital of Ottawa,
>
>Been looking at my performance, trying out some tuning here and there
>but
>really just guessing at it. My Library cache hit % is 100, my
>Dictionary cache hit % is 100. great, my Cache hit Ratio % (data) is
>iffy, usually around 50%. I've doubled the db_block_buffers (3600 to
>7200) but hasn't changed much. I'm running a relatively small DB of 1
>GIG on an HP machine with 128 megs of memory. Any suggestions? Buy
>more memory and keep increasing the db-block-buffers is my thought but
>it's so damn expensive is the prob.

why wouldn't you show us for init.ora file (or db_block_size, shared_pool_size, log_buffer, db_block_buffers, sort_area_size ...). From the numbers you listed above, it seems to me that your shared_pool_size is large enough. db_block_buffers is too small. I am using about 50% of physical memory for data cache.

Jizhong Received on Sat Jan 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CST