Cache hits again

From: Someone <tsbsps_at_nowhere.ca>
Date: 1998/01/15

Hello all from the ice storm capital of Ottawa,

Been looking at my performance, trying out some tuning here and there but
really just guessing at it. My Library cache hit % is 100, my Dictionary cache hit % is 100. great, my Cache hit Ratio % (data) is iffy, usually around 50%. I've doubled the db_block_buffers (3600 to 7200) but hasn't changed much. I'm running a relatively small DB of 1 GIG on an HP machine with 128 megs of memory. Any suggestions? Buy more memory and keep increasing the db-block-buffers is my thought but it's so damn expensive is the prob. Received on Thu Jan 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CST