Re: Basic/Advanced replication

From: Christer Rehnström <christer.rehnstrom_at_scania.com>
Date: 1998/01/15

Henrik Eriksson wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm going to use replication for distributing data, and
> I've got some questions regarding basic replication and
> advanced replication.
>
> We are using WG Server 7.3 w/ the distributed option
> and would prefer not to change to Enterprise Server
> because of higher costs, so if it's possible we would like
> to use basic replication. Considering the application that
> would be enough, but I've got some questions regarding
> this:
>
> 1) Is there a limitation on the number of simple snapshots
> in a system. I've heard something about the number of
> SNP background processes limiting that number...
>
> 2) Is it possible to use a combination of Enterprise Server
> and WG Server for replication. We're considering using
> a central global db to which data is replicated from other
> nodes. Is it possible using Enterprise Server for the central
> db and WG Server for the other db's for doing this?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Henrik Eriksson (x_hener_at_sectra.se)

  1. Yes there might be a practival limit , but you can have 10 snapshot processes, snp0 - snp9 , and i guess you want replicate your tables every minut , so the really limit is probably your network bandwith.
  2. I am not very familiar with WG server but if it supports snapshot then it will work just fine.