Basic/Advanced replication

From: Henrik Eriksson <x_hener_at_sectra.se>
Date: 1998/01/12

Hi,
I'm going to use replication for distributing data, and I've got some questions regarding basic replication and advanced replication.

We are using WG Server 7.3 w/ the distributed option and would prefer not to change to Enterprise Server because of higher costs, so if it's possible we would like to use basic replication. Considering the application that would be enough, but I've got some questions regarding this:

  1. Is there a limitation on the number of simple snapshots in a system. I've heard something about the number of SNP background processes limiting that number...
  2. Is it possible to use a combination of Enterprise Server and WG Server for replication. We're considering using a central global db to which data is replicated from other nodes. Is it possible using Enterprise Server for the central db and WG Server for the other db's for doing this?

Thanks in advance

    Henrik Eriksson (x_hener_at_sectra.se) Received on Mon Jan 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST