Re: SQL PLUS

From: Amit Aggarwal <amaggarwal_at_kendle.com>
Date: 1998/01/15

As the message says the database is in the process of shutdown, so it will not allow any one to logon. What that means is that someone has issued a 'shutdown' command. Since it was in the normal mode, the database will not shutdown untill all the users logout. In this situation, you might have to kill the users sessions, if there are any hanging connections left. When all the connections are closed, the database will automatically shutdown. Or using SVRMGR, do a shutdown immediate.

Amit
Oracle DBA/Unix SA