How do kill a locked session

From: <dtang_at_minn.net>
Date: 1998/01/14

Hi:

My company has Oracle8 on NT 4.0 platform. Days ago, I find out there were two session running ad hoc query. So I used instance manager to kill those two sessions, but those two session did not go away. Those two sssions were labeled killed, and stayed here for days. I use V$lock_objects found out those two session had locks on object with object_id xxxx, but I cann't find this object. I had to shut down the database to let those two sessions go which is ridiculous. I want to ask if a session have something locked or waiting a locked object, how to kill it and how to identfy this object. By the way, at the situation I mention, I did use utllockt.sql provided by ORACLE to identify locked session, but it did not show anything.

So any answer will be highly appreciated.

dong Received on Wed Jan 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CST