Re: How do kill a locked session

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/01/17

From: dtang_at_minn.net >>
So I used instance manager to kill those two sessions, but those two session did not go away. Those two sssions were labeled killed, and stayed here for days. <<

I have seen similiar behavior under Unix system. You have to kill the Oracle session at the OS level. Under Unix this is a kill -9 pid and under VMS this is a cancel pid (or whatever VMS calls the job id). I do not know NT, but the OS should provide a way to terminate a process. Please post what the command is, when you find it, if NT provides a way to kill a process.

Mark Powell -- Oracle 7 Certified DBA
- The only advice that counts is the advice that you follow so follow your own advice - Received on Sat Jan 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CST