Re: How do I write generic code in triggers?

From: Woodrow <woodrow_at_nlr.nl>
Date: 1998/01/13

Thomas Kyte wrote:

> You can do this, but not in the way you were attempting. You cannot dynamically
> access the :new and :old values in a trigger...

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. They have solved my problem perfectly. As you suggested I have used overloading in a package for the logging of different types. We are now enhancing the logging with a transaction_id using the function
'dbms_transaction.local_transaction_id(FALSE)'.

It helped indeed... Received on Tue Jan 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CST