Re: ORA-01037: maximum cursor memory exceeded

From: Phil Herring <revdoc_at_uow.edu.au>
Date: 1998/01/11

In article <34B6CCAC.34C9_at_fas.harvard.edu> Tom Parris, tparris_at_fas.harvard.edu writes:
>I have tried to twiddle several init.ora and /etc/system
>parameters with no change in behaviour. In particular, I
>have turned on the cursor_space_for_time flag, and upped all
>of the parameters to correspond to the sample "large"
>database (e.g., shared_pool_size = 9000000).

I think you're out of luck. Looking at the output from "oerr ora 1037", it appears that you'll just have to simplify the statement (probably by building some views or temporary tables). There aren't any cursor-related init.ora parameters that you can twiddle to fix this one (at least, none that I can see).

Copyright 1998 Phil Herring. This article may not be reproduced for profit.