Re: ORA-01037: maximum cursor memory exceeded

From: JG of PAFB <jgofpafb_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/01/10

You may need to twiddle BOTH the /etc/system and init.ora files to take advantage of the maximum amount of memory for your SGA.

The default values in the init.ora files for LARGE databases are inadequate at best. I have an Ultra sparc with 256 meg of ram running Solaris 2.6 and Oracle 7.3.2 It will post my system files entries and my init.ora params here on Monday for you so you can get an idea of roughly the settings for a system with 2x the ram you have.

jarchamb_at_aftac.gov Received on Sat Jan 10 1998 - 00:00:00 CST