Re: Cache Hit Ratio

From: Neil Chandler <tcnec_at_tchp2.tcamuk.stratus.com>
Date: 1998/01/07

In article <34B29038.421759C9_at_quebim.com>, Lando wrote:

If you do attempt to pre-load data in the the db_block_buffers ensure that you are accessing via indexes and not using full table scans as you would then be wasting your time. (Table scans go into a 'reserved' part of the SGA just for table scans)

Always pin your packages and stored procedures. (DBMS_SHARED_POOL.KEEP)

Look at the CACHE option for table less that 5 oracle blocks.

regs

Neil Chandler