Error while executing DBMS_SQL

From: indy <indy_at_noname.com>
Date: 1998/01/05

Hi everbody
I get the following error while executing a dynamic SQL statement using DBMS_SQL ERROR at line 1:

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SYS_SQL", line 239
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SQL", line 25
ORA-06512: at "SMSARE.CR_TAB", line 27
ORA-06512: at line 1

My code is as follows

sqlstmt := <some sql statement>;
sys.dbms_sql.parse(source_cursor, sqlstmt , dbms_sql.native);

I have connected as SYS and this works correctly. Howver , this does not work if I connect as some other user(myuser) . Looking at the error , I have also created synonyms for DBMS_SQL and granted permissions to DBMS_SQL AND DBMS_SYS_SQL to myuser. However, this still gives the same error message
Any pointers will be of great help.
TIA Regards
Vishis Received on Mon Jan 05 1998 - 00:00:00 CST