Re: Q: # of Foreign Keys on a table?

From: Doug Meredith <doug.meredith_at_skyridge.com>
Date: 1998/01/11

Rao Uppuluri <uppuluri_at_IDT.NET> wrote:

>What I want to know is at what point you'd say "enough foreign
>keys!" and build the constraint logic into application code.

I don't think I would ever reach this point. If I saw a couple of dozen foreign keys on a single table, I would want to go back and re-evaluate the data model.

Doug

Doug Meredith			Tel: (506) 854-7997
Manager, Consulting Services	Fax: (506) 855-9673
Skyridge Systems Inc.		doug.meredith_at_skyridge.com
Moncton, NB, Canada Received on Sun Jan 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CST