Re: Sybase to Oracle Conversion

From: Jared Hecker <jared_at_hwai.com>
Date: 1998/01/05

The easiest way to convert would probably be to use a third-party one that talks to both databases - e.g., Access or Powerbuilder - though these in particular would be relatively slow and possibly blow up on data volume, but you get the idea.

I think the fastest way to do this would be to write a C program to read from Sybase and write to Oracle.

Aside from that, probably the easiest way would be to write out flat files using isql. The Sybase docs on isql should walk you through this OK. Haven't tried using it to parse out .ctl files - must try it now...

hth -

Regards,
jh

--