Sybase to Oracle Conversion

From: Kevin L. Kitts <kkitts_at_his.com>
Date: 1998/01/04

Hello,
  I am in the process of converting a Sybase database (PCDOCS is the application I am converting) to an Oracle database. I am an experienced Oracle DBA - unfortunately my knowledge of Sybase is limited. Has anyone here done such a conversion and if so do you know of any tools that can easily extract the data from the 66 tables I am converting and perhaps write the control files for SQL*Loader (which I plan to use to import the data into Oracle)?

Any tips or techniques would be most apprec.

Thanks,

Kevin Received on Sun Jan 04 1998 - 00:00:00 CST