Re: tune for INSERT performance?

From: Gregg Sporar <gregg_sporar_at_i2.com>
Date: 1997/12/23

Thomas Kyte wrote:

> You should look at your log files to see how large (or small) they are. You
> might have the default 512k log files which are way too small. Look in the file
> \orant\rdbms73\trace\{$ORACLE_SID}alrt.ora and see if you have any "checkpoint
> not complete..." type of messages. These indicate that log files are not sized
> appropriately for the amount of work you want to do. Try increasing the log
> files.

It looks like this may be where the problem is: we do have the default size log files and lots of those "checkpoint not complete..." messages. My thanks to you and all the others who responded; I'll recreate the database after the holidays and start the testing over again.

Thanks,

Gregg Sporar
i2 Technologies Received on Tue Dec 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CST