Re: Oracle Packaging

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_no.spam.iac.net>
Date: 1997/12/22

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 15:30:27 GMT, droth_at_tiac.net (David Roth) wrote:

>I AM GOING OUT OF MY MIND!!!
>
>How do I decide if I need Workgroup Server or Enterprise Server or
>Personal or Lite or or or....
>
>Please help.
>
>I am trying to resell an application system that should be able to run
>on NT, Solari/Sparc and AIX.

We are an Oracle VAR and have found that, unless you are doing very large scale systems, Workgroup Server is your best bet. Enterprise Servcer will give you the distributed and parallel options along with a couple of utilities. But unless your customers already have an Oracle DBA on site (ours do not) you will never use these features anyway.

On the small scale, if you are going to do single-user, stand alone systems, you could get by with Personal Oracle. But I would stay away from Lite as it does not have any PL/SQL support.

Mark Wagoner
Senior Developer
MedPlus, Inc

To reply, remove no.spam from my e-mail address Received on Mon Dec 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CST