Export from 8.0 to 7.3

From: Jeff Torma <Jeff.Torma_at_mci.com>
Date: 1997/12/18

Hello all,

I am trying to create a dump file using the export utility. I want to export from an Oracle 8.0.3 database on a Windows NT 4.0 server. It will be put imported into an Oracle 7.3 database also using Windows NT 4.0 server. In order to do this, I need to run the script file 'catexp7.sql' to make the database appear as Oracle version 7.3 to the export utility. I am supposed to run the version of the export utility I will be importing to, so I run the 'exp73' program. Well, I ran the script file as SYS, and no problems occurred. But then the exp73 program gives me trouble. I ran it from a workstation and this is the message:

Message 206 not found. No message file for product=RDBMS73, facility=EXP Release 7.3.3.0.0
Message 301 not found. No message file for product=RDBMS73, facility=EXP

EXP-00008 Message 8 not found. No message file for product=RDBMS73, facility=EXP

Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-03121

EXP-00000 Message 0 not found. No message file for product=RDBMS73, facility=EXP

I then went to the console and ran exp73 from a command prompt. This does not matter if I log in as SYSTEM or SYS or any other user with DBA and EXP_FULL_DATABASE priviledge/roles. This is what I got:

Login: SYSTEM
Password:

EXP-00008 Oracle error 3121 encountered.
ORA-03121 no interface driver connected; function not performed.
EXP-00000 Export terminated unsuccessfully.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff Torma
jeff.torma_at_mci.com Received on Thu Dec 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST