Re: Is it possible to drop temp tables owned by SYS without restart the database?

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1997/12/15

On 15 Dec 1997 13:59:41 GMT, jared_at_saturn.planet.net (Jared Hecker) wrote:

>To coalesce free segments (i.e., force SMON to make a coalesce run) try
>looking up the "alter system" command. I think it's "alter system set
>events immediate coalesce name nnn" where nnn is the file_id of the
>tablespace. This is off the top of my head so do look it up. Also I
>think Oracle has an a bulletin on it, call and they will fax it to you.
>
>hth -
>
>Regards,
>jh

It's not a coalesce that we want to force. That can be done with ALTER TABLESPACE tsname COALSECE;. The problem we're having is with temporary segments created by oracle that never go away when oracles finished with them. Mostly they're in the temp tablespace, but not always.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign:
Behold, a virgin will be with child, and bear a son,
and she will call His name Immanuel." (Isa 7:14 NASB)