Re: Is it possible to drop temp tables owned by SYS without restart the database?

From: Jared Hecker <jared_at_saturn.planet.net>
Date: 1997/12/15

To coalesce free segments (i.e., force SMON to make a coalesce run) try looking up the "alter system" command. I think it's "alter system set events immediate coalesce name nnn" where nnn is the file_id of the tablespace. This is off the top of my head so do look it up. Also I think Oracle has an a bulletin on it, call and they will fax it to you.

hth -

Regards,
jh

Sanjay Mathew (alsm1_at_micro.lucent.com) wrote:
: David Shi wrote:
: >
: > Some times when a job dead, Oracle don't drop those temp tables (table
: > names like 2.12 etc), I usually follows a book says, just restart the
: > database, but this is very inconvenient, is there another way to do
: > that? I tryed something like "drop table 2.12;" which won't work.
: >
: > Thanks.
: Try drop table "2.12;";

: --
: Sanjay T. Mathew
: Certified Oracle DBA
: Lucent Technologies,
: 555 Union BLVD,
: Allentown
: PA 18103

: Phone Number Office 610 712 5967

--
Jared Hecker	| HWA Inc. - Oracle architecture and Administration
jared_at_hwai.com	|  ** serving NYC and New Jersey **