Re: Query Problem

From: Erland Sommarskog <sommar_at_algonet.se>
Date: 1997/12/14

"EMOND, DANIEL" <daniel.emond_at_bell.ca> skriver:
>If my query contains less than 45 UNION, it returns me my data
>(i.e. 1 line per query). But if my query has more than 45 UNION it
>gives me the following error:

45? You said 45? Usually, I ask people to post the code they are having problems, but this time, I ask: please don't! I don't want to see it! 45 UNION, il mio Dio!

> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Memory request for
> 2210 bytes exceeds the size of single page of 2044 bytes.
>
>Can anyone help me by telling me where to change the SQL Server
>configuration to increase the memory size of a single page.

Yuo can't, that's a hard limit. (Will be upped in SQL7 though.)

I would encourage you to redesign your query anyway, it sounds completely unmaintainable to me anyway.

--
Erland Sommarskog, Stockholm, sommar_at_algonet.se
F=F6r =F6vrigt anser jag att QP b=F6r f=F6rst=F6ras.