Undocumented feature ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA = xxx

From: Jerome Grandjanny <grandjanny_at_nospam.ldg.bruyeres.cea.fr>
Date: 1997/12/11

Hello folks,

I discovered that the imp utility uses an undocumented feature of Oracle. The syntax is :

   ALTER SESSION SET CURRENT_SCHEMA = xxx ;

I tested this statement under SQL*Plus and it works fine : it is then possible to type :

   SELECT * FROM tbl ;

instead of :

   SELECT * FROM xxx.tbl ;

This could be very usefull in some of our applications because we use the same application against multiple schemas.

What I want to know is :

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Jerome.

Anti spam clause :

 For spammers :

    Using my e-mail address for advertising can be subject to a     $5000 +tax invoice.

 For gentlemen :

    Please remove nospam. from my address before replying me. Received on Thu Dec 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CST