Re: Two instances on Oracle 7.3

From: venkata terala <venkata_at_inetnow.net>
Date: 1997/12/11

Hi! These are the steps to creating a second instance on NT 1. Copy your current initialization file to a location where you want your new DB files to be, rename it to reflect your new SID. Change the parameters inside per your requirements, especially DB_NAME, CONTROL_FILES
2. Then from the command line do SET ORACLE_SID=<your new sid> 3. Then create a new instance by typing

    	C:\ORADIM7x -NEW -SID <your new sid> -INTPWD <password for
internal/sys> -PFILE <complete path to your 	new initialization file>
-STARTMODE auto -STARTTYPE SRVC,INST
	(INTPWD specifies the password for internal/sys.  This can be changed
later by using orapwd7x.  	STARTMODE specifies that the instance be
started automatically when the server is rebooted.  STARTTYPE 	specifies
that both the service and instance be started) 4. From the command line invoke server manager as below(make sure your new SID is set. Type 'SET' from command line and check that ORACLE_SID is set to your new SID)
	C:\svrmgr2x
	C:\svrmgr23>connect internal/password
	C:\svrmgr2x>connected to an idle instance
	C:\svrmgr2x>startup nomount pfile=<full path to initialization file>
	C:\svrmgr2x>Run your create database script to create your new
database.  Check that the database name 	is the same as that in your new
initialization file

Create additional tablespaces, rollback segments and you'll be in business. Manuals have good explanation of all this Good luck
Venkat