Re: Timing Tests for SQL stmts

From: Greg Kainz <gkainz_at_orapro.com>
Date: 1997/12/10

in sqlplus, set timing on gives you execution and elapsed time set termout off stops screen i/o ...
note that Oracle caching the query and query results to memory could have a drastic impact to your timing tests.

another method would be to use explain plan and set timed_statistics=true
in your init.ora ... caching will still be an issue. Greg