Re: ORA- 12505

From: Zdenka Spoljaric <928330N_at_KNOTES.KODAK.COM>
Date: 1997/12/10

This is TNSNAMES.ORA with the definition of the second instance running on the same server

2:tst.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = beq.world)
(PROTOCOL = BEQ)
(PROGRAM = oracle73)
(ARGV0 = oracle73ORCL)
(ARGS = '(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))')
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = tst)
    )
  )

To connect to the second instance Using Server Manager do this:

set instance 2:tst
connect internal

.
.
.

The client will access this instance in the same way,... 2:tst

Good luck !