ORA- 12505

From: <nimk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/12/07

I have Oracle 7.2 running on NT 3.51. I two have two databases, ORCL and DEVL. I created the DEVL database via the Instance manager. When I set the SID in the registry I have no problems connecting to either databases. However when I try to the 16-Bit database tools I can only connect to the ORCL database. When I try to connect via SQL*PLUS 3.1, I get ORA-12505, error message. I also get the same problem using Server Manager 2.1. I have checked the that the listener processes are running. I also used the TNSPING utility to check that the aliases as correct.

I would appreciate as solution for this problem.

Thanks.