Database BackUp

From: Paul Short <paul_at_ddd.com>
Date: 1997/12/03

Hi

Using Sybase I can back up the transaction log which contains changes since my last full backup. I need this because the database is to big to do all full backup on weekdays.

Are the redo files a similar concept in oracle, i.e. if I backup all the tablespaces on the weekend and the redo files on weekdays and I need to recover the database I would recover the backed up tablespaces and then copy back the redo files.

Thanks Received on Wed Dec 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST