Re: Proxy Login on NT Problem

From: Karel de Geus <karel.degeus_at_nl.eds.com>
Date: 1997/11/25

Ed Jennings wrote:

> I'm trying to use proxy login in an NT environment and have been having
> problems getting it to work. I set the following variables in my
> init.ora file:
>
> OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX=""
> REMOTE_OS_AUTHENT=TRUE
>
> I can successfully login to the database from the NT server where I am
> running the database. However, all attempts to come in from a remote NT

> Ed Jennings
> Database Administrator
> Domain Technologies, Inc.
> --
> jenningse_at_mindspring.com
>
> "The opinions expressed here are my own, not those of DOMAIN
> technologies"

I asume you use the "/" to logon to the oracle database. If you logon to the Oracle server you have a userid and the same userid is in the database. If you logon from a remote machine do you have the same userid? I don't know how it is solved in SQLnet v2, but with SQLnet v1 you has a oracle.ini file on your PC. In this oracle.init file I set the parameter "SQLNET_USERNAME" to the database userid. And then I could use the "/" to logon.

I hope this will help you.

Karel

The opinions expressed here are my own, not those of EDS. Received on Tue Nov 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST