Proxy Login on NT Problem

From: Ed Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/11/24

I'm trying to use proxy login in an NT environment and have been having problems getting it to work. I set the following variables in my init.ora file:

	OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX=""
	REMOTE_OS_AUTHENT=TRUE

I can successfully login to the database from the NT server where I am running the database. However, all attempts to come in from a remote NT client have failed with the standard "ORA_01017 invalid username/password; logon denied". I've been digging into the books but thus far haven't come up with anything other than the above parameters to set. When I reset the accounts to use a password, they work fine. Does anyone know what I may have missed.

I know this is not recommended because of the security implications. But my network is in a secure LAN environment with no outside connectivity.

Ed Jennings
Database Administrator
Domain Technologies, Inc.

--
jenningse_at_mindspring.com

"The opinions expressed here are my own, not those of DOMAIN
technologies"