How to write this trigger ??

From: <rkrishag_at_ikon.com>
Date: 1997/11/18

Hi all,

How do I write a trigger on Insert in a table, which will find the no. of records updated in a different table and update one of the fields in the original inserted record. The record structure of the original insert is "batch_id, exp_recs and upd_recs". The first 2 fields will be populated on insert. While the third field value is to be populated by the count(*) of another table which has a field batch_id. I am getting "Table is mutating, trigger/function may not see it" error.

Can anyone give me a solution for the same. Regards
Rajesh